WordPress is one of the most popular website builders and offers a lot of features and options to customize your business or personal site according to your preferences.
But doing any edit and changes require you to log in to the wordpress dashboard which is only possible if you have the wordpress admin login URL and credentials.
The login page is where you enter your username and password to access the dashboard. However, finding the login URL can be tricky, it is common to forget about the wordpress admin login URL and many wordpress users face this problem. Because different web hosts use different wordpress admin URL structures for the login page.
In this article, I will show you how to find WordPress admin login URL for any site, whether it is using the default URL or a custom one, and also the importance of finding the admin login URL of your website.
Importance of Knowing WordPress Admin Login URL
The wordpress admin login URL allows you to access your wordpress dashboard where you can manage your site from installing themes and plugins to publishing pages and posts and doing different customizations.
Knowing your login URL can help you Secure your website from hackers and unauthorized users by changing it to a different unique URL without using the standard URL structure.
If you know your wordpress admin login URL you can troubleshoot different issues with the login process like resetting the password and clearing your browser cache and cookies.
The wordpress admin Login URL is a gateway to access the backend of your wordpress website without it you will be unable to access the backend of your wordpress website so it is important for a site administrator to know the wordpress admin login URL of their site in order to access the wordpress dashboard.
Once you find it better to change the default wordpress login URL to a custom login URL to improve your site security
So as we know the importance of the wordpress admin login URL let’s get started on finding the wordpress admin login URL using different ways.
6 Ways to Find WordPress Login URL
I will show you how to find WordPress wordpress admin login URLs in 6 ways, from the simplest to the most complex.
1) Finding WordPress Admin Login URL Using Default Login URL
WordPress has a default admin login URL structure and most sites have this login URL structure so first before following any other method for accessing your wordpress admin login URL follow the default URL.
The wordpress login page can be accessed by entering the website URL like this:
www.example.com/admin/ www.example.com/wp-admin/ Don’t forget to replace example.com with your own domain name.
This URL checks if you were previously logged in and if your session is still active. If both are true, then you will be redirected to the WordPress dashboard. If your session has expired, then you will be redirected back to the WordPress login page.
But what if you don’t know or remember the website admin login URL? Is there another way to find the WordPress login URL for your site? Yes, there is. You can use one of these ways:
1) Add /login/ or /admin/ at the end of your site’s URL.
For example, www.example.com/login/ www.example.com/admin/ Both of these URLs will redirect you to the WordPress login page.
2) Add /wp-login.php at the end of your site’s URL.
For example, www.example.com/wp-login.php This URL will take you directly to the WordPress login page.
3) If you installed WordPress on a subdirectory or a subdomain, then you need to append one of the above paths after the subdirectory or subdomain’s closing slash (/).
For example, www.example.com/wordpress/login/ www.example.com/wordpress/wp-login.php subdomain.example.com/login/ subdomain.example.com/wp-login.php Any of these URLs will take you to the WordPress login page for your subdirectory or subdomain site.
If you are unable to access the wordpress admin login URL by using the default URL for the wordpress admin page then you can proceed to the next method.
2) Finding WordPress Admin Login URL By Checking Your Hosting Account
To find the WordPress admin login URL by checking your hosting account is so easy, first, log in to your hosting provider’s control panel. This could be cPanel, Plesk, or another hosting platform.
Once logged in, navigate to the section related to website management or settings. In many cases, you will find a direct link to the WordPress login page within your hosting dashboard.
As I am using Hostinger for my personal site the login URL you can see in the reference image below for my site and also every modern hosting company has this so check yours for the direct link to access your wordpress dashboard.
This method can be so useful if you’re unsure of the default wordpress admin login URL or have customized your permalink structure. Simply follow the link provided in your hosting account to access your WordPress admin dashboard with ease.
3) Finding WordPress Admin Login URL By Checking Administrative Email
When you create a new WordPress website, the platform often sends an administrative email to the specified email address. This email contains important login information, including the URL to access the admin dashboard. Here’s how to Retrieve WordPress Admin URL through your email:
- Check Your Email Inbox: Start by logging into the email account you used during the WordPress installation process. Look for an email from WordPress that typically has a subject like “Your New WordPress Site” or “Your Website Login Details.”
- Search for WordPress Emails: If you have a cluttered inbox, use the email search function to look for “WordPress” or “Your New Website.” This should help you locate the email more quickly.
- Note the Login URL: In the email, you’ll find the WordPress login URL. It will typically be something like “https://yoursite.com/wp-admin” or “https://yoursite.com/wp-login.php.” or maybe a unique URL as many hosting nowadays use different URL structures for enhance security this URL will lead you to the WordPress admin login page.
- Bookmark the URL: For future convenience, it’s a good practice to bookmark the WordPress admin login URL in your web browser. This way, you won’t need to search for the email each time you want to access the admin dashboard.
If you haven’t had success in locating the WordPress admin login URL, our next method is a bit more complex but, it will certainly help you discover the admin login URL for your site.
4) Finding the WordPress Admin Login URL Using wp-login.php
This method is complex but it is the most effective one for finding the wordpress admin login URL. To find your WordPress admin login URL, you need to access the wp-login.php file in your core files. Here are the steps to access the wp-login.php file:
Go to your hosting provider and open the file manager.
In the root folder (public_html), right-click on the wp-login.php file and select edit.
In the editor, press Ctrl + F and type “site_url” in the search box.
The URL after “site_url” is your WordPress admin login URL. In my case, it is “wp-login.php”.
In this way, you can find your login URL in wordpress and can easily access your site backend by entering your login credentials on the login page.
5) Finding the WordPress Login URL By Checking Admin URL
If you’re currently logged into your WordPress site but have forgotten the login URL, and you want to ensure easy access to your site’s dashboard in case you log out in the future, here’s how you can find and save the login URL.
- Look at the address bar of your browser. You will see the login URL of your site after the domain name. For example, if your site is www.example.com, the login URL might be www.example.com/wp-admin/ or www.example.com/wp-login.php.
- Note down or bookmark the login URL for future use. You can also copy and paste it in a safe place.
- If you have set a custom login URL for your site, you can also find it using this method.
6) Finding the WordPress Login URL By Contacting Hosting Support
In some cases, finding the WordPress login URL can be a challenge, and you might have exhausted all other methods. When you’re locked out and none of the usual approaches seem to work, one effective solution is to reach out to your hosting support.
The hosting support team has technical experts and they will surely help you find the admin URL of your wordpress site or reset it if you are using a custom one and forgot it. Here are some steps to follow:
- Find out the contact details of your hosting provider. You can usually find them on their website or in the email they sent you when you signed up for their service.
- Explain your problem to them and ask them to help you find or reset the login URL of your wordpress site. Provide them with the domain name of your site and any other information they might need to verify your identity and ownership.
- Follow their instructions and try to access the login URL they give you. If it works, you can log in to your wordpress site and change the login URL if you want. If it does not work, ask them to check again or try another solution.
Tips for Finding and Accessing the WordPress Login URL
Below are some of the tips you can use to find and access your wordpress admin login URL.
Use Browser Bookmarking:
To avoid forgetting or losing the WordPress login URL for your site, you can bookmark it in your browser for easy access in the future.
Enable “Remember Me”:
To stay logged in and reach the admin dashboard without logging in again, you can check the “Remember Me” option in the WordPress login form. This will allow you to access your site for a few days based on how your cookies are set.
Check Your Browser History:
If you’ve previously logged in on your computer, check your browser history for the login URL. Your browser may have saved it.
Check Your Email:
If you forget your login credentials or can’t access wp-admin or can’t locate the login URL, check your email for the initial WordPress welcome message.. It often contains your login details and the login URL.
Keep a Digital or Physical Record:
Maintain a digital or physical record of your login details and URL in a secure location, like a password-protected document or a physical notebook.
Explore Your Hosting Control Panel:
Some hosting providers offer a direct link to the WordPress admin dashboard within their control panels. Check for this option in your hosting account.
Try Alternative URLs:
If you suspect a custom login URL, attempt variations such as “/admin” or “/login.” Different WordPress installations may use unique URLs.
Ask a WordPress Community:
Online WordPress communities and forums are excellent resources for assistance. You can ask experienced users for guidance in locating your login URL. You can explore platforms like WordPress.org Support Forums, where you can find a community of WordPress enthusiasts ready to help with any questions or issues you may have.
Contact Your Hosting Provider:
If you still have trouble finding or accessing the WordPress admin login URL for your site, you can contact your web hosting provider or WordPress support team for assistance. They can help you locate and reset your login details if needed.
FAQ(How to Access WordPress Admin)
Below are some most common FAQs related to Locating Your WordPress Dashboard.
How do I find the wordpress admin login URL?
To find your WordPress admin login URL, follow these steps:
- Access Your Hosting Provider’s File Manager: Begin by logging into your hosting provider’s dashboard. Look for the file manager, typically found in your control panel.
- Navigate to the Root Folder (public_html): Inside the file manager, locate and open the root folder, often named “public_html.” This is where your website’s core files are stored.
- Edit the wp-login.php File: Within the root folder, find the “wp-login.php” file. Right-click on it and select the “Edit” option.
- Search for “site_url”: Once the file is open in the editor, press Ctrl + F (or Command + F on Mac) to open the search function. In the search box, type “site_url” and hit Enter.
- Identify Your WordPress Admin Login URL: The URL following “site_url” is your WordPress admin login URL. For example, if it appears as “wp-login.php,” this is your admin login page’s URL.
- Access Your Site’s Backend: And that’s it! You can now access your WordPress site’s backend by entering your login credentials on the login page.
What is the default login URL for WordPress?
The default login URL on WordPress is usually either yoursite.com/wp-admin.php or yoursite.com/wp-login.php. However, some hosting companies may change it for security reasons, as the default URL is accessible by everyone.
How can I locate the WordPress admin login URL if I’ve forgotten it?
If you have forgotten your WordPress admin login URL, you can often find it at yoursite.com/wp-login.php or yoursite.com/wp-admin. Alternatively, check your hosting control panel or hosting support for assistance. Remember to bookmark it for easy access in the future.
In this article, we have discussed how to find WordPress admin login URL for your website. There are several methods I use to find the login URL for your WordPress site, depending on your situation and preference. You can try using the default login URL, which is usually yoursite.com/wp-admin.php or yoursite.com/wp-login.php.
You can also check your hosting account for the login URL, as some hosting companies may change it for security reasons. Another option is to use wp-login.php, this file is responsible for processing login requests and rendering the login form. You can also check the admin URL, which is the URL of your WordPress dashboard. Finally, you can contact your hosting support if you are still unable to find the login URL.
I hope this article has helped you find the WordPress admin login URL for your website. However, if you still have trouble accessing your site, you can reach out to us via email or comment. I will be happy to assist you further.